Bluebird Snowmobiling in The Lewis Hills

So what's the story on riding the Lewis Hills last Friday, March 2nd of 2012?  I got a call the week before from Kenny B telling me that him and Ryan Murray are hitting the highway from the east coast Thursday evening and will be riding Lewis Hills on Friday.  Game on!

Friday arrives and the skys are bluebird but the temps are a rather brisk -23*C.  We unload at Serpentine and hammer in the trails towards Lewis Hills.  Did you know that riding a snowmobile 40 MPH at -23*C produces a windchill of about -37*C or so?  It friggin felt like it too!  Thankfully the temps were to rise significantly during the day and provide some relief from the rather frigid temps.

We met Mike McCarthy and Arild Helgeland at the Shiver Shack just shy of Lewis Hills only to loose them moments later with an unfortunate engine seisure.

From there the day unfolded to be one of the finest days in the hills i've had in a few years.  The combination of bluebird sunshine, good snow,  a couple of good riding spots and a great crew elevated the day be one of those you dream about all summer long!

The title of this blog could have gone a dozen ways!  Assaulted!', 'Sidehill City', 'Clear and Present Danger', 'Turbo Town',  'A View to a Chill',  'The Wrath of K and R',' and so on!  But i kept it simple and simple is good.

As are black and whites.  I'm not sure what's happening to me.  It seems as of late i'm really diggin the darker side of tonality.  Gritty, grainy textures in my images are what's turning my crank.

So here is what it looked like from where i was standing throughout the day!  Really hope you enjoy!
























































Till the next ride......






RONiN photography (Scott Grant) offers print and image sales, print service, photographic and post processing instruction for both groups and private individuals.  Photography services include weddings, engagement sessions, people and pet photos, corporate events and so on.

If you or someone you know are looking for a wedding photographer for 2012 time is running short!  I'm getting heavily booked so please call or email to reserve your wedding day!  I'm also taking bookings for 2013 and beyond.

If you would like to contact me please do so at scott@roninphoto.ca or call at (709) 639-5335.  I'm located in Steady Brook, on the west coast of Newfoundland, in Canada.

Visit me on facebook at RONiN photography.

I also have a ton of images of all kinds on Flickr.

If you would like to learn more about RONiN photography please visit www.roninphoto.ca.

Comments

  1. Hi Scott,

    I love this series. It's gorgeous. You got an amazing number of fantastic shots on this shoot. I also looked as if you and your subjects had a lot of fun.

    I stumbled onto your account as I was trying to identify what I now think is a young female purple finch that I shot this past week.

    Phil Vriend
    Toronto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Phil! I really appreciate you stopping by and leaving a few kind words! All the best!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts